Tuesday, October 19, 2010

She Calls Him Raymond...

by Blade Hall

Brett Eldredge’s first single, “Raymond”, was premiered on CMT October 1st. He wrote the song while thinking about his grandmother, who has Alzheimer’s. Because of this first hit he’s been named CMT’s “Next Big Thing.”

While watching the music video, I can remember thinking to myself, “Wow, these are such deep, emotional song lyrics.” This is a great thing for someone so young and him being a “rookie” in the country music business. It shows that he has great potential and he’s an amazing song writer. I’m definitely going to keep an ear out for all of Brett’s music throughout his career. After hearing from a friend that Brett was a native from Paris, it just made him seem that much more amazing. I can’t help myself from thinking that this won’t be his last hit single. I can’t help myself from anticipating his debut album and waiting for him to release new songs.

Brett is very active for now. is going to be performing at the Second Annual Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s For the Love of George Cocktail Party along with South of Eden and Shannon Brown while also touring around the country for a radio show. He’s going to places like Miami, Orlando, and the famous Grand Ole Opry in Nashville talking about his songs and making the people of Paris proud. I know I’m not the only one when I say good luck Brett and we hope you have a lot of success in your career!

No comments:

Post a Comment